Start a Broker/Dealer
All you need to know about starting a FINRA registered Broker/Dealer

Individual Licensing and Registrations

Anyone engaged or to be engaged in the investment banking or securities business of a member who will function as a representative shall be registered as such with FINRA, as appropriate, for the function to be performed, as specified in Rule 1032.


Registration requires a passing score (70%) on the appropriate qualification examination administered by FINRA. All such registered persons are subject to the supervision of an appropriately Registered Principal, as specified in Rule 1022. As with registered persons, principal registration requires a passing score (70%) on the corresponding qualification examination administered by FINRA.


The HedgeCo Legal and Compliance Consulting Group provides an experienced staff and a network of lawyers, accountants, and Registered Principals who can assist your firm's compliance officer or serve in a full capacity on behalf of the firm to identify the appropriate licensing and registration requirements, pursuant to the products or services offered. Our services include:


  1. Identify the appropriate registration requirements

  2. Open a FINRA testing window

  3. On-line and hard-copy exam training materials

  4. U4 filings and CRD updates

  5. Character and fitness hiring criteria


Request a FREE Start a Broker Dealer Consultation

Full Name *

Phone Number *

Company Name *

Email Address *

Email Address again *

Do you currently have your Series 7 license? *

Do you currently have your Series 24 license? *

Best Time to Call *

Description of Project